Have you done your good deed for today? No? The Friends of Fairfield Rugby can help you with that. Get that warm Red Rugger feeling by making a donation to the FOFR. We have several giving levels to choose from, and if you want something in between (or beyond), use the quantity field to adjust your donation (example: choose $50 donation and change the quantity to 2 for a $100 donation).
Your donation will support these essential pillars of an elite program:
- Create permanency for the Director of Rugby position and 4 team coaches
- Player development programs, clinics, and specialized training at the Walsh Athletic Center
- Enhanced recruitment & retention initiatives
- Team kits, coach’s apparel, and practice equipment
- Community outreach including the City of Bridgeport Rugby Alliance (COBRA) bringing rugby to at risk youth in a safe & supportive environment
- FOFR operations (Rugby Fest, Networking Nights, awards, website/social media, insurance, communications, tax & regulatory filings)
Dedicated on April 26, 1969, Lt. Hans Grauert Memorial Field has been home to Fairfield Rugby for more than 55 years. The field was constructed through the generosity of Mrs. Leila Grauert P’68, Chris Grauert ’68, and the Grauert family, and was the first collegiate rugby field in the United States initially built, named, and dedicated to the sport. Our campaign, along with University support, will fund a complete renovation of Lt. Hans Grauert Memorial Field, making it a best-in-class, turf rugby field, suitable for play at the highest international level. Exciting enhancements will include new goal posts, an electronic scoreboard, and terrace seating on the hillside for fans.
Your generosity will enhance the utilization and appearance of the field, improve fan and player satisfaction, reduce player injury, and significantly increase program visibility and player recruitment.
The availability of scholarship is essential to the rugby program, enabling some of the most deserving players to pursue a first-rate education while ensuring Fairfield is competitive in player recruitment. The permanently endowed Ciacci-Pascale rugby scholarship and new FOFR current use grants have already made an impact on the program by supporting over 20 players, and providing financial aid for many of these scholarship recipients for two or more years. Your generosity will increase the number of endowed scholarships offered and FOFR current use grants, creating a profound impact on the program and lives of our male and female student-athletes.
- Player retention & high school recruiting to raise our level of play
- Current use scholarship commitments, and greater student-athlete financial aid
- Funding the Director of Rugby role and 4 USA Rugby certified coaches (2 for each team)
- Training at Walsh Athletic Center including nutrition guidance and online support
- Service outreach via The City of Bridgeport Rugby Alliance (COBRA), supporting at-risk Bridgeport youth
- Safely rebuilding momentum and the national rankings of the men’s & women’s teams
Friends of Fairfield Rugby Store Manager, Rory O’Connor ’12; email@example.com